Ready in 45 mins
- Serves 4, costs under £4.00
- Cooks in 35 mins
Add and view comments here
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil (20g)
- 2 Onions, Medium Sized (300g)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (6g)
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger (2g)
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala, Or Any Other Medium Curry Powder (6g)
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes (3g)
- 1 Red Pepper (160g)
- 1 Chicken Fillet, Large Sized (150g)
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes (400g)
- 1 Can Green Lentils (400g)
- Water (250ml)
- 1 Mug Rice (260g)
- 1 Small bunch Fresh Coriander, Optional (10g)
Peel and finely chop the onion, peel and crush the garlic, and de-seed and chop the red pepper.
Cut the chicken into small pieces.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onions until they're soft.
Add the garlic, ginger, spices and red pepper. Cook slowly for 5 minutes.
Drain and rinse the green lentils and add to the saucepan with the chicken, chopped tomatoes and cold water.
Cook on a low heat for about 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet.
Chop the coriander (optional)and it add to the curry. Finally serve this dish with rice.
Recipe source : Eat Better Feel Better