Chilli Con Carne
Ready in 45 mins
- Serves 4, costs under £4.00
- Cooks in 35 mins
Add and view comments here
- ½ Pack Minced Beef, Lean (200g)
- 2 Onions, Small Sized (120g)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (6g)
- 2 Tins Chopped Tomatoes (800g)
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder (3g)
- 1 Red Pepper (160g)
- 5 Mushrooms, Large Sized (100g)
- 1 Tin Kidney Beans (400g)
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper (1g)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil (10g)
- 1 Mug Rice (300g)
- Peel and chop the onions, slice the mushrooms and the pepper. Finely chop or crush the peeled garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion.
- When the onions start to turn brown add the mince, browning it over a gentle heat, and stir continuously to stop it from sticking.
- Add the garlic, then add chopped tomatoes and chilli powder, bring the sauce to the boil then cover and lower the heat and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes. Give it a good stir from time to time.
- Meanwhile bring two mugs of water to the boil, add the rice and follow instructions on the packet for cooking.
- While the rice is cooking add the red pepper and sliced mushrooms to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the drained kidney beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper to taste and serve with rice.
Recipe source : Eat Better Feel Better